সোমবার, ২৫ জুন, ২০১২

PFT: 20 years later, Eagles remember Brown

7753611adeee4ae3af86172c5cd1b1a9AP

Since it?s supposed to be a slow week, here?s an item that is best suited for consideration during a slow week.

Colts owner Jim Irsay has taken to Twitter to call me out personally for a joke included at the bottom of a Saturday item regarding Irsay?s position that marketing rights aren?t holding up an eventual contract with quarterback Andrew Luck.

Since most of the latest available pictures of Luck show him wearing a mortar board and a gown tied and draped over his shoulders like an Andy Bernard sweater, and given that the topic of the item was Luck?s marketing rights via the poorly-crafted tweets of Jim Irsay, I closed with this:? ?Luck likely will be free to endorse whatever he wants to endorse, including the use of images of his Stanford graduation to be included in a campaign for online courses aimed at teaching rich, middle-aged white guys how to type legibly on Twitter.?

It was a slap at Irsay?s notorious habit of oft-indecipherable Twitter messages, and using the term ?rich, middle-aged white guys? was aimed at describing Irsay?s overall demographic.

Irsay didn?t see it that way.? On Monday morning, Irsay started the debate with this:

Then, without a response, he said this:

I considered not taking the bait; after all, the guy owns an NFL team.? But like I mentioned above, it?s slow right now.? Also, I wasn?t entirely comfortable with the not-so-subtle effort to suggest that I expect only white people to type legible Twitter message.? (For the record, I expect everyone to type legibly on Twitter.)? Besides, Irsay asked a question.? The least I could do was answer it.

A loyal PFT reader (I knew there was at least one) thereafter responded to the kerfuffle. Irsay then replied to Wes LaFever?s tweet with this:

So, basically, Jim Irsay thinks I?m a racist and I don?t like old people (even though I?m now seven years into the legally-protected class of old people) and I don?t like rich people (even though I?d very much like to be one, someday).

Wow.? He really has cracked the code.

Now if only I could crack the code for interpreting 99.8 percent of his Twitter messages, this job would be a lot easier.

andrew lloyd webber obscura grok cirque du freak eric cantor eric cantor pope joan

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন