বৃহস্পতিবার, ১৮ অক্টোবর, ২০১২

Need (more) Advice... - Adoption.com Forums

First of all...he has never had a daddy before, right? And, you being mommy...it may be confusing. But, my kiddos(whom we have had each from birth) absolutely flip when Daddy gets home(he is often gone all week for work, too)...they cry and carry on as soon as he gets home...if he gets home right before bedtime it is a *nightmare*...at first, I was kind of put off by it...but, the pp is right, it is the novelty and the fact that he is the one who is NOT there...because when I went to Hawaii for 8 days with my mom and sisters, the kids did the same thing with me when I got home...and my dh said they did all of the usual behavioral stuff in response to my being gone...in fact (probably for my ego!LOL!) he swears it was worse...that they were pretty sober and sad the whole time...my son attests to that...probably just smart guys! They know when to schmooze the mama!LOL! BUT, they did react the same when I got home...

Also, have you considered that you are the one bringing him to the visit that freaks him out...so, naturally he asks for Daddy...because in his little mind, Daddy did NOT bring him here...and he does NOT want to go in there and for whatever reason, he knows you can't save him from it. Poor little man...hang in there mom. It is not uncommon at all!!

I will say it is nice to know I am not the only one who ever felt this way, though...it is easy to tell someone else, but I have felt it and it's not cool...just like you said, logistically...I am the bomb...but, he is so patient and playful...makes me feel like the workhorse!LOL!


Last edited by hopefulandwatching : Today at 07:11 PM.

Source: http://forums.adoption.com/foster-parent-support/408938-need-more-advice.html

Webb Simpson Fathers Day Quotes Stevie J mothers day 2012 cinco de mayo osama bin laden death spinal muscular atrophy

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন